Thursday, July 21, 2016

Don't Waste Any of Your Corn

It has been a tough season for my new garden so every ear of corn is precious.  I ate fresh corn on the cob almost daily for the first month.  Of course I could have frozen much but I was a little pig!  But I put it to many uses.  Pick it, cook it and eat it--my favorite.  Freeze on cob (easiest) or kernels.
  But DON'T WASTE:
     1. After eating (mine with salt & butter), I give it a quick rinse and give to my girls (aka my  Buff Orpington 22 week old hens).  My girls prefer that over whole ears.
     2. I use the dry, picked off cobs to clean off the chicken poop on my shoes after being in their run.
     3. Then those cobs go into my mulch pile.
     4. And finally into next years garden.
There are creative ideas for those dry cobs, too, such as dolls and pipes and probably much more I haven't even begun to learn about.

Please share any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share.